- I might've told you this already, my cousin is a doctor, too.
- You did say that, yeah.
- Oh. Remind me, you have a brother, right?
- Sister. She's older. (Either he wasn't listening at all, or he has me confused with someone else.)
- (Wait, she's not the doctor, she works for that non-profit or whatever. I don't think she noticed, though.) That's right. You're pretty close, right?
- Yeah, she's the best.
- (Nice save)
They take a drink and their eyes wander the room. They place their glasses down simultaneously.
- So, were--
- Oh, sorry, you go ahead.
- No, it's okay. Really.
- (Eff) I was just going to ask if you were, um... sorry, that guy over there is totally weirding me out. He's got this tic, like, he keeps spasming.
- (We were really drunker than I thought. I'm amazed we could even have sex.)
They touch hands under the table.
- Do you want another drink?
- Um... let's just get out of here.
They lean towards each other. He places his hand against her face. They kiss.
- I'll call an Uber.